Basic steps for a foreigner in Madrid

You’re a foreigner, you just landed in Madrid and you don’t know where to start. First of all, move! And to do this you must have a transport card to be able to move around the capital in the most economical way. The city is huge and its metro and bus network is the best option to reach every corner in time. What are you waiting for?

You are a foreigner, having your NIE in place that your stay is free of any problems is also essential. We will make your life easier:


How to get your Transport Card?

Online? Simple!
  1. Go to and follow the steps according to your age. Next, indicate your identification document and complete the form. IMPORTANT: In “type/name of road” you must indicate that of our office in Calle San Bernardo nº 20 6ª planta CP 28015, Madrid.
  2. Upload a color photo of yourself (passport size) and attach a copy of your ID.
  3. With your bank card details you must pay 4 euros for the processing of your subscription.
  4. As soon as your transportation card arrives at our office (about 5 working days) we will contact you to pick it up. 😉
  1. Request an appointment at according to your nearest office: the Moncloa, Príncipe Pío or Sol interchanges, in the management offices at Calle Fuencarral 80, Atocha-Renfe or by calling 012.
  2. Go to the office indicated on the day of your appointment with your application form, a photocopy of your identity card, a passport-size colour photograph and 4
  3. In case you don’t have a photo, it doesn’t matter! You can also take it in the office. Ready, card in hand!

Ten en cuenta que si eres menor de 26 años te corresponde Abono Joven, con 20€ y en cualquier estación de metro podrás cargarlo durante 30 días. Si eres mayor de 26, Abono Normal, por 54,60€ podrás moverte por toda la zona A de Madrid y alrededores.


How to get your NIE?

  • You should go to and make an appointment with the nearest police station or office.
  • Download the fee payment slip Model 790 at , print it, fill it out, sign it and present it at any bank. There you must pay the corresponding amount (15,45 Eur)
  • Make a copy of your passport of the side where your photo is.
  • Make a copy of your letter of admission of your uni.
  • Make a copy of your registration certificate. (If you are not registered, CONSULT US)
  • Take a recent photo on a white background, passport size.
  • Show up for your appointment with all these documents (copies and originals).

So far your part of the procedure, the rest is up to the state. Patience and good luck, Innsider!

Don’t let anything stop you, Innsider!

Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top